Saturday, March 7, 2009

A beginning...

I used to live in coffee shops. I wrote, I drank coffee, I existed as part of what I thought was a uniquely Portland subculture.

Then I stopped. I'm not sure why. I just wasn't there anymore. 

My favorite coffee shop haunt has changed hands now and not what it once was. All my overly-caffeinated brothers and sisters have gone their separate ways. 

It's been over a decade since I regularly spent time sipping lattes and writing anything at all. 

But here I am. I'm back. 

And this time, there's pie.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I want pie! Good luck in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need to go to coffee shops anymore, when you can just go to McDonald's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. Damn. Well that was a mouthful! Loved it. And what a way to spend a couple of hours at the office?! Oh yes. Just call me Ms. Productivity over here. Seriously though, this almost makes me sad that I've completely lost touch with everyone from my past.

    ReplyDelete