Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 15, 2010

I have this big pile of apples. I've been meaning to do something with them. What to do....

Apple sauce. The easiest apple sauce ever.

Peel 'em.

Chop 'em up.

Throw 'em in a microwave safe bowl.

Nuke 'em.

Maybe throw in some cinnamon. Maybe not. Maybe squirt a little lemon juice on them. Maybe not. My grandma used to toss in some of those little Red Hot candies - they add a little color and a little kick.

Stir 'em every couple of minutes.

Keep nukin' 'em until they start to fall apart.

Then you've got a choice to make. You can put 'em in the fridge and treat them like normal apple sauce.

Or...

You can take a big scoop of the hot apples, plop a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and maybe a handful of granola and eat 'em that way. I prefer this way. Takes less time. Sometimes I add a little caramel sauce.

And now I'm hungry. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment