Friday, October 22, 2010

October 23, 2010

Okay, so you all suffered through my Warcraft Brewfest story. Well, the next WoW holiday is upon us: All Hallow's End. I won't bore you with all the details, but I will tell you that one of the tasks is to drop a pumpkin onto the heads of each of the current ten Warcraft races.

That's what I just finished. however, in the middle of it, I also managed to drop one on my own head so for the next 45 minutes or so of game time, I'll have a jack'o'lantern in place of my normally green-haired night elf head. I guess that's the risk I took.

Anyway, the whole thing reminds me terribly of our dear friend Ichabod Crane. Would it truly be October without the Legend of Sleepy Hollow?

We watched the cartoon version every year on t when I was a kid. I remember covering my eyes until I was at least nine.

There are a dozen versions out there, my favorite being the 1999 Tim Burton/Johnny Depp piece. It's not terribly faithful to the original Washington irving short story, but the horses are gorgeous.

And, in reading up on Ichabod and his many forms, I'm seeing he was played by Jeff Goldblum in a 1980 tv movie. I'm gonna need to find that. Seriously. Who could possibly be more perfect as Ichabod Crane? The IMDB page says Dick Butkus plays Ichabod's rival, Brom Bones. I'm not kidding. Jeff Goldblum and Dick Butkus. Why is this NOT on Netflix?


No comments:

Post a Comment