Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 22, 2010

Carrie emailed me this morning before I was even awake. Dunno if he's usually up that early or if the mere thought of October brought him out of a deep sleep.

He wanted to remind me about the leaves. October is the change of color in the leaves on trees all around us. I hadn't forgotten, it's just that it seems the leaves here are taking their time in turning.

I gauge the change in weather here not in the daily temperatures, but in the color and number of leaves left on the tree in my next door neighbor's yard. A week ago, it was still entirely green. Monday, there was a hint of red. Today, it's half red. By Sunday, it will have added a bit of orange, I imagine, as the weather is turning colder. I heard one local weatherman ask if yesterday was the last 70 degree day. I kinda hope so. I like gloves and hats and scarves and sweaters and wool socks.

The leaves are just starting their turn here even as we're running out of October. How are the leaves where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment