Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 6, 2010

So, in June, one of my little internet friends talked me into trying World of Warcraft. Man, what a bad decision that was.

Now, I'm an uber-dork. I'm a level 65 Night Elf Hunter on Nazgrel and I've spent the last two weeks working on getting all my Brewfest quests in so I can become a Brewmaster. At level 65, this was no easy feat. It required the elf (who I've named Cascadia) to eat a big pile of cheese and sausage, drink a bunch of beer, ride around on a really big goat, catch and tame something called a wolpertinger (the name of that particular quest was "Does Your Wolpertinger Linger?") and, finally, talk five other level 80 players into helping her get to the final "boss fight", a fight that she was too little to gain access to on her own.

Tonight, with but 18 minutes left in the WoW Brewfest holiday, I reached my goal: I am now Brewmaster Cascadia.

Total, utter dorkdom. What on Earth could it have to do with October?

October, my friends, is when we start to turn to the darker, deeper, richer, maltier beers. Spring and summer are for hops and light, crisp beers. October is for me.

Give me a beer that carried the spices of the holiday season: the allspice, the nutmeg, the cinnamon. Give me those chocolately malt flavors. Give me, at the very least, your wheat beers.

Keep your hops.

No, actually, give me a pocketful of hops that I can carry around and smell. But when you give me a beer, make sure it's balanced with hops and all the Other Things.

That, my friends, is October.

No comments:

Post a Comment