Monday, October 18, 2010

October 19, 2010

Okay. So, two of you eat the black jelly beans. And I should have known which two. You know who you are.

I'm guessing you're the same people who ate those little sesame seed hard candies that I've ever truly understood.

Me, I like Smarties and SweeTarts and Bottle Caps if I can find them. I've only recently come into my own with my love of chocolate. I think this comes as a result of being a child in the desert - chocolate melts and makes a big mess, Smarties do not. As a young trick-or-treater, I preferred Pixie Sticks and the occasional Bit'o'Honey.

Of course, I'm also old enough to remember when people would give you homemade popcorn balls (which were IMPOSSIBLE to stuff into the bright orange trick-or-treat pumpkin we were carrying). And there were those other granola-slingers who wanted to give us apples. Because, in addition to the nine pounds of candy we were toting around, we needed four pounds of apples. Those people were just asking for flaming bags of dog poop in their porches (not that I condone that sort of thing).

This is your warning bell, homeowners. You have one more weekend before the Big Day to do your Halloween candy shopping. Don't disappoint us.

No comments:

Post a Comment