Saturday, October 10, 2009

October 11, 2009

I made an attempt at butternut squash soup today. It is the right color, but that's about the best thing I can say for it. I should have stuck to the apple sauce I was going to make.

Apple sauce is easy, friends. Get yourself a microwave-safe bowl. Peel some apples (doesn't much matter what kind you use - I prefer apples that are a little more tart). Chop them up. Maybe add a little cinnamon, maybe not. Go with your heart.

Dump the apples into the bowl. Nuke them for a minute. Stir. Repeat until they start to fall apart and get all smooshy.

We learned last year that if you throw a little granola and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the mess you just made, it's like ghetto apple crisp. Or skip the granola and add a little caramel sauce. Either way, it's a big bowl of October in about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment