Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 23, 2009

October is when I turn into the West Coast version of Martha Stewart. I do things like try to make butternut squash soup or use spray glue to "glitter" things. 

I have grand plans for October, as I do each year. I'm going to the orchard to pick my own apples. Then I'm going to bring them home, cook them up and can some apple butter for Christmas gifts. 

I'm going to bake a huge chocolate-pumpkin cake and stencil a white sparkle-sugar spiderweb onto its top. 

I'm going to have the best Halloween costume ever. Martha showed me how to make it using twine and some coffee filters. And glitter, of course. 

I'm going to find more time to spend with my loved ones. I'm going to walk through the falling leaves wearing the hat I just knitted. And I'm going to finish the scarf to go with it. I'm going to live in an October picture book.

But what happens is that all my grand plans kind of turn to mush as I start to realize that there are, in fact, only 31 days in October. 

So, what does the plan become? 

Enjoy every last minute until midnight next Saturday. Then look forward to making plans for next October.

No comments:

Post a Comment