Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 29, 2009

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I share a birthday with Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.

That's right, Mary "Frankenstein" Shelley.

Mary's little story, written on holiday near Geneva, Switzerland, has become one of the greatest monster stories of all time. For nearly two centuries, Mary's "Modern Prometheus" has captured our imaginations both on the page and on the screen. 

Frank has never been as popular as, say, Dracula, but he's had his fair share of the spotlight. Boris Karloff's 1931 screen portrayal is credited as being the key to Frank's longevity and popularity. 

But I think it was Peter Boyle who pushed him over the top.

Please see:

And, my personal favorite:


I swear, I don't know how they ever made it through the filming of "Young Frankenstein", but I am so very glad they did.

How is this not the funniest stuff ever put on film?

No comments:

Post a Comment