Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 30, 2009

The race has begun.

Do you have your costume yet?

I got all ambitious after Halloween last year and I ordered one online. It's a super-cute costume and an incredibly good idea. However, it made me look like an ass so I sent it back.

So no, I don't have a costume.

I have a couple ideas, but it might be too late to assemble the pieces needed. Ahh, well. The best laid plans...

When I was little, my grandmother made costumes for me. They were wonderful costumes. I was a genie and a ballerina and a black cat and a white elephant. 

And then for a few years, I didn't dress up. But then I started working at my current job and ran headlong into a group of incredible costumers. 

I arrived one morning at 6 a.m. to find one of my coworkers dressed as a giant carrot. The year after that, the sales office dressed as the seven dwarves. We're still removing fake blood stains from when the restaurant servers were an ER crew. And the Elvises, oh, the Elvises. And really, can anyone ever forget the year that Rocky, who is lily-white, transformed himself into Mr. T?

It's estimated that we Americans will spend $4.75 billion on Halloween this year. I'm guessing the majority of that is on candy and costumes. 

As for me, I think I still have my devil horn barrettes from last year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment